2.19.2013

Me and My Boo

In my opinion, our Valentine's day rocked. :)
We had such a good time. 
We always do, which is one of my favorite parts of being married to this man. 
Zachary opened all his Valentine's goodies, including "Our Little Date Box." 
He already had one of the dates planned. 
He booked a room at our favorite hotel in Qingdao and made sure they had a bathtub! 
 Halleliugh! You have no idea how hard it is some days for this bath lover living without a bathtub. 
I love how the bath tub has a window open to the room. 
Fresh flowers next to the bed.
A nice, big and comfy bed!
Laying back on 75 reasons I love him.
While at the hotel, Zachary opened his "75 Things I love about You" jar. 
I loved. loved. loved. watching his face as he read each one. 
He took each one out of the jar, read it, and placed it carefully on the bed. 
He had the sweetest grin, of a man that knows he's loved.
It made my heart melt. 
After he finished reading the 75 hearts, I thought of so many more reasons why I loved him! 
I should have made it 100 reasons or 150! 
Surely, there are not enough hearts to write the ways you love someone you are married to, best friends with, respect, care for and spend each day with!
Later, we went to a new wine bar that has opened in Qingdao. 
We love it. 
There are 8 dispensers and 32 wines to choose from.
Each dispenser has a price tag on a glass of the 4 bottles, so you can easily try lots of wine and stay on budget. 
There is a Texas flag on the ceiling of the bar, so we knew it was meant to be.
 When there is only two of you and you have a huge camera, it's hard to take pictures together! 
After wine we went to a local Italian restaurant and got a few appetizers for dinner. 
Panna cotta for dessert. 
After a few hours out, we made our way back to the hotel for more dessert & some alone time. :) 
And stayed up until 4 am watching Downton Abbey! I enjoyed watching it from the bath tub. :)

Married Trivia
How well does he know me?? 
How long have you been married?
Z= 4 years and 2 months
H= 4 years and 2 months

Where was your first date?
Z= We had study dates at first... I don't remember a first official date. 
H= I have no idea! Ha. 

Where was your first kiss?
Z= On the steps behind her dorm
H= Outside my dorm, on the back stair case 

Who first said, "I love you"?
Z= Me. 
H= He did. :)

What were your wedding colors?
Z= Pearl and a night blue or something 
H= midnight blue and white. 
       That's right! Pearl. Not white.

What is her most commonly used phrase?
Z= "like" no... "Spend time with Jesus." 
H= I'm obsessed with ......
           I may say "like" alot, like a brainless valley girl, but I have substance. :p (No, but really, I think he thinks too highly of me. I wish that was my most commonly used phrase!}

If she was ordering drinks for both of you what would you each get?
Z= It depends on where we were and what mood she's in. But usually for her she would order and a beer for me.
H= Red wine or a beer. 

What is the best meal she has ever cooked you?
Z= Our best meals were when everything was available to us in the U.S.-Gourmet sandwiches and fajitas. And, truffle cheesecakes. 
H= Maybe fajitas?? Or one of my stir fries? 

What is the worst meal she has ever cooked you?
Z= One time she cooked millet. 
H= I can't think of anything! But I know there is bound to be some bad ones!
             Oh ya! I remember that. But millet. Come on. That can hardly be called cooking. ;)

What is the most-played song on her iPod?
H= Beautiful Things by Gungor or something by Shawn McDonald
Z= Shawn McDonald, for sure 

What would she say is your most annoying habit?
H= Spending too much time organizing random things. 
Z= Tapping.
           Ya. He's right. That is annoying. He's always clicking pens and tapping his fingers.

What is the last thing she does before she goes to bed?
H= Gives him a kiss good night & watch The Office. (bad anti anxiety habit I've picked up!)
Z= Watches The Office. 
               Guilty.

If you could throw out one item of her clothing what would it be?
H= These black short boots, I love but he thinks they look like witches boots. He just doesn't know style. ;P
Z= The witch boots. 

What would you say is your favorite thing about her?
H= My passion. 
Z= Super sexy.
          I mean.... they're kind of the same. ;)

What's her go-to drink at Starbucks?
H= Decaf Americano
Z= Well, that depends. If it's a hot day, an iced decaf americano. If it's a cold day, a green tea latte

What's her favorite movies?
H= My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Harry Potter
Z= Harry Potter

What's my biggest dream?
H= To travel.
Z= To travel.

If I could have an occupation other than the one I have, what would it be?
H= doctor
Z= a doctor

What's her blog's name?!
H= It's "our" blog so of course he knows!
Z= Don't ask me that. 
            Apparently that question is insulting. He already knows it!

How well does your significant other know you?! 
***I got most of these questions from a link up and now for the life of me can't find where. If you know, fill me in, so I can properly link them up!***

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Ahhh it looks like you had a fantastic V Day! You know each other SO well too.

Anonymous said...

jealous of the hotel bathtub. I need that these days.
and yall are cute =)

--juju

Ruthie Hart said...

Could you guys be any cuter? Sometimes a night away at a local hotel is exactly what you need. And how cool the bar had a Texas flag on the ceiling... totally meant to be!

Sybil@PeaceitallTogether said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Valentine's Day!! I'm pretty sure the questions originated from The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife. :)

Anonymous said...

You went to the Le Meridian! Love that place!

l said...

Looks like an amazing Valentine's Day!! Love the jar idea! And he did pretty well with the trivia questions!

April Maura said...

Love the Le Meridian!!! Awesome shower and comfy bed.

Pin It button on image hover