11.25.2013

Home Sick

Lately we feel a little sad and a little lonely and honestly, we just miss home. This will be our 4th Christmas season overseas and you know, it seems like it's getting harder. I know home sickness probably comes in waves and the fact that we haven't been home in 2 years adds to those feelings, but still, we're feeling it more now than we have since being overseas. 
We miss home. We miss family. We miss the holidays. We miss being with family, comfortable, warm, laughing and safe on a family dinner night, get together or holiday. We miss just hanging out.  Our families & the BFF's we grew up with, may not know every detail of our life, but they still know us and we're safe and unconditionally loved. And we just really miss that. 
Anyways, all that to say, we miss you--you guys know who you are. Friends of old, friends who are like family and family, we miss you. And you know time away is good. It reminds you of how blessed you are, how amazing the family God has given you is, and how lucky you are to have them. 
*Also, thank you to all those friends that we have met since being overseas, and who we have now. We're so thankful to have you. Thank you. You have become family to us. You've loved us, laughed with us and shared meals with us. And we love you, too! :) Life abroad would often seem unbearable or definitely way less interesting without you.*
post signature

3 comments :

Rachel said...

I just visited my home in Malaysia for a month this summer--and man, I know that homesickness can really get you. I try to tell myself I'm being unreasonable, I was just there, but sometimes you do just miss your home!

Momma Mosby said...

WE MISS YOU MORE THAN WE COULD EVER POSSIBLY EXPRESS ESPECIALLY THE HOLIDAYS.I LOVE BOTH OF MY SWEET PRECIOUS CHILDREN GOD HAS GIVEN US AND SO VERY PROUD OF.
MOMMA MOSBY

Unknown said...

Aww I feel ya! It's always especially tough to be away near the holidays. Hang in there :)

Pin It button on image hover